1.1 Scope of Services
- Japan Bus Online is a website operated by KOBO Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as KOBO) that offers services such as booking expressway bus and sightseeing buses, and allow customers to make payments online.
- Although we manage the website Japan Bus Online, the transactions are DIRECTLY made between our customers and our registered bus companies through Japan Bus Online. Any credit card transactions and refunds made through Japan Bus Online are conducted by us ON BEHALF OF OUR REGISTERED BUS COMPANIES.
- We provide and operate Japan Bus Online as a space where the registered bus companies and customers may have direct dealings.
- The services we offer such as making and cancelling reservations, making payments, and refunding are determined and provided by registered bus companies ,and vary depending on them. Please note that the service provided by operating bus company will not work the same way for every bus routes. Please check “Seat Availability” page for further details regarding service and operation of the bus.
- Terms & conditions and agreement regarding operation and service of expressway bus and sightseeing bus set forth on Japan Bus Online are subject to the conditions of carriage determined by operating bus company.
- We do not guarantee the accuracy of the time tables, bus stops, fares, facilities, and other information and content regarding expressway buses and sightseeing buses contained on Japan Bus Online, and we are not liable for any damages or losses that may arise from the information contained on this website.
- Japan Bus Online is available from 5am to 2am (JST) with the exception of the following:
The available period can be changed when suspension is required for the purpose of maintenance.
The available period can be changed when a force majeure has occurred.
We are not liable for any damages or loses suffered as a result of any suspension or discontinuance of Japan Bus Online
1.2 Scope of Application
- If you do not agree to the terms and conditions, you may not use this website. By using Japan Bus online, you are deemed to have accepted and agreed to this terms& conditions. Bus services run by the registered companies shall be governed by the laws of Japan.
- Please do not use the website or its service if you do not agree to this. We have the right to deny your use of this website and/or its service partially or entirely if you break the Japanese law regardless of whether or not other prohibited activities are indicated in this terms and conditions. In such case, you may not be entitled to claim a refund for the paid fare.
The following terms are used with the meaning given below.
- “Bus” means a bus or coach or other means of transportation provided by registered bus companies on Japan Bus Online.
- “Carriage” means any delivery of a passenger or/and luggage by bus
- “Ticket” means any ticket including e-ticket issued by us or on our behalf which proves our agreement to carry any person or luggage.
- “E-ticket “means the printed copy or a confirmation e-mail which proves you have completed your payment.
- “You” means the person who made arrangements for transportation or being transported by bus who purchased a ticket.
- “Service” means any trip to be made by a bus provided or arranged by us or on our behalf for the purposes of carrying persons and their luggage.
- “Luggage” means any personal belongings you take onto a bus including any property carried on your person.
- We””us“”our” refers to Japan bus online or KOBO co., Ltd. which operates the website of Japan Bus online
- “Customer” means any person who use Japan Bus Online or/and its service.
- “Passenger” means any person who board a bus with a purchased ticket.
- “Reservation” means any request for carriage by a Passenger
- “Special fare” means a fare type such as internet discount, student discount, handicapped discount ,round trip discount, additional fare available on some routes.
3.1 Reservations& Cancellations
- Japan Bus Online offers services such as making a reservation/cancellation for expressway bus and sightseeing bus. The transactions are DIRECTLY made between our customers and registered bus companies through Japan Bus Online. KOBO is NOT AN INTERESTED PARTY, but registered bus companies which make contracts of reservations and/or cancellations with customers. THEREFORE WE SHALL BEAR NO RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CONTRACTS MADE BETWEEN CUSTOMERS AND REGISTERED BUS COMPANIES.
- If you wish to change the reservation detail, you will have to make a new reservation and cancel your original reservation.
- E-ticket must be purchased at a ticket counter of operating bus company or by credit card on Japan Bus Online if you wish to board a bus.
- To prevent impersonation and masquerading, we will send you a confirmation e-mail to your registered e-mail address once reservation has been completed.
3.2 Credit Card Payment& Refund
- We offer a payment service where you can make a credit card online payment for an expressway bus and a sightseeing bus. In case you wish to cancel your reservation, you are entitled to receive an amount of money you paid after you take a procedure for a refund. We will receive the transacted fare ON BE HALF OF BUS COMPANIES registered on Japan bus online. We shall be solely liable for requested transactions such as refund and receiving the fare on behalf of bus companies, however we shall NOT be liable for any losses or damages incurred as a result of the use of the payment services on Japan Bus Online.
- To board a bus, you need to purchase an e-ticket by credit card on Japan Bus Online.
We only accept payment by credit cards. Payment in cash at a ticket counter or when boarding a bus is accepted for specified routes and lines when bus companies allow.
- You are entitled to claim a refund by yourself, otherwise it will not be processed and you will not receive a refund.
- Specified cancellation fee, handling fee and refund fee will be charged when you wish to make a cancellation.
- You MUST receive a non-boarding certificate for claiming a refund. We accept NO request for a refund for whatever reason if you cannot present a non-boarding certificate issued by operating bus company. A request for a refund may be accepted WITHIN THE TIME BUS COMPANY SPECIFIED.
- In case of cancellation due to force majeure ,you are entitled to receive a refund notwithstanding Clause 3.2. In such case, please send an inquiry to support center to JapanBusOnline@ml.j-bus.co.jp.
4. E-ticket/Confirmation e-mail
- E-ticket is a payment confirmation e-mail that we send after the credit card transaction is completed. Your ticket is a proof of our agreement to carry you or /and your luggage.
- A printed copy of an e-ticket MUST be brought with you when boarding a bus to prove and confirm your reservation. You may present the mobile screen displaying the e-ticket for boarding, however it is recommended to print out the e-ticket prior to boarding in the event of malfunction or loss of the devices. In case you cannot present the e-ticket when asked for boarding, we may refuse you to board a bus .
- A bus driver will check your name against a passenger’s list when boarding.In case you cancel your reservation after credit card transaction, you are NO longer entitled to board a bus as we cannot check your name against a passenger’s list and confirm your reservation even if you present an e-ticket.
- E-TICKET IS VALID SOLEY FOR THE DESIGNATED DATE, TIME AND ROUTE INDICATED ON YOUR TICKET.
- If a ticket is defaced, damaged or tampered with, it is no longer validated for travel. If your ticket is stolen, lost or mislaid , you may not be able to board a bus ,and your ticket will not be reissued in such cases. You must retain your ticket with you throughout your travel, and you must present it when asked. If you do not take your ticket with you when you travel, or do not present your ticket when asked, you will be considered to have travelled without a ticket.
- Fares are valid for the schedule, date and time quoted on the ticket.
- You must check your reservation detail before you processed to payment. You are not permitted to make any amendments to the ticket or correct any errors once the payment has been made.
- Fares are subject to change depending on the days, seat availability, and may be higher during holiday and peak periods.
5.2 Special Fares
- Special fares are subject to seat availability, and they may not be available for some routes and lines. If the special fare price is no longer available at the time of final booking, the normal fare price will be displayed.
- Seat specifications may vary even on the same bus such as leg rooms, facilities and equipments. Your fare cannot be discounted due to seat specifications unless discounted or additional fares are set from the first.
- Seats are assigned automatically based on the gender. We will not assign men and women next to each other unless they are in the same group except for aisle seats. There may be occasions when we assign men and women next to each other ,or sit separately even in the same group.
6.1 Departure& Arrival time
- Departure dates and times may change. We accept no liability for delays or cancellations caused by a circumstance beyond our reasonable control includes accidents on the road, exceptional severe weather conditions, compliance with requests on police, unforeseen traffic delays ,problem caused by other customers and other circumstances affecting passengers safety.
- Passengers are required to be at the boarding point prior to the departure time stated on the ticket. The bus will leave on time. We have no responsibility to call anyone who is late or did not show up.
6.2 Available Language on the bus
- An announcement when boarding or/and on board may be made only in Japanese . Please confirm your arrival spot at your own discretion and risk.
6.3 Supported Language
- Operating bus companies may answer your questions about a bus operation and service only in Japanese.
6.4 Mid-journey refreshment breaks
- If the bus is stopped off for a short break or toilets or refreshments along the way, you must return to the bus punctually within the time allowed for the halt. We shall have no obligation to hold the bus to wait for you, and we shall not be liable to you if you miss the bus because you come back after the time allowed for the halt.
6.5 Customers Traveling in Wheeled Mobility Devices
- You may contact operating bus company for more information.
6.6 Carriage of children and young person alone
- You may contact operating bus company for more information.
6.7 Prohibited activities
- Smoking including electric cigarette is prohibited
- Animals you can bring on the bus depend on operating bus companies. You may contact operating bus companies directly for details.
6.8 Bus Troubles
- Bus companies shall have no liability for any dispute or conflict arises between you and other passengers , and we will not arbitrate the disputes.
- You are required by the law to wear a seatbelt at all time while seated.
7.1 Personal belongings
Small valuable items should not be stowed in the storage in any circumstances but should be taken on board as a hand luggage. Any small valuables items such as money, jewels, precious metals, marketable securities, laptop computers, medicine, personal electric devices, any important documents should be carried with you.Any fragile items that is easy to be damaged and weak against the shock, vibration and heat should not be stowed in the storage.
You may contact operating bus company for more information for luggage allowance as the luggage storage varies depending on the vehicle.
- You are not allowed to bring any of the following prohibited articles onto the bus for whatever reason. If the prohibited articles are discovered, we reserve the right to deny your luggage storage.
- It is the responsibility of customers to look after your luggage while on the bus.
- We reserve the right to check your luggage for the safety reason. We may contact the police if we feel there are any security problems.
- We shall not be liable for any losses or damages to your property caused by fire, theft, and other cases unless they are caused by willful act or negligence of bus operators.
- You are not allowed to bring any of the following items onto a bus.
- Gun powders
- Animals except for trained guide dog
- Flammable liquid items such as benzine, alcohol,kerosene, diesel oil, carbon disulfide except for lighters
- Film and other celluloid materials that exceed more than 100g
- Explosive materials such as carbide, phosphorus, sodium, magnesium powder, hydrogen peroxide, sodium peroxide
- Radioactive substance
- Corrosive substance
- Compressed gas except for fire extinguishers and medical oxygen equipments.
- Toxic gas materials such as chloropicrin, methyl chloride, hydrocyanic acid, chloroform, formalin
- Matches that exceeds more than 500g
- Batteries except for dry cell battery, cell phone battery
- Edged tools
- Any items that may block the aisle, entrance and emergency exit and to destroy the bus interior or annoy other passengers.
- If you have any doubts whether your belongings can be stowed in the storage, you should make an inquiry before purchasing your ticket. Any items which are in our opinion, unsafe, or may cause injury ,or damage to property, or unsuitable for carriage in terms of weight, size, shape or character may not be stowed in the storage or/and carried with you.
We will refuse the carriage of any of the following customers.
- Persons who fail to comply with any direction and instruction given by bus drivers or operators
- Persons who own prohibited items
- Persons who are intoxicated and may hurt other passengers.
- Person who is critically ill without an attendant
- Persons with a communicable disease or infection stated on Laws on medical treatment of communicable disease or infections.
9. Notification to Our Customers
- Japan Bus Online will send an email regarding your reservation details once reservation and cancellation has been completed.
- We may contact you by e-mail or phone in the event of bus cancellation due to force majeure such as natural disaster, act of God ,bad road condition and server weather . Please register the e-mail address and phone number that are available to be reached at while you are in Japan.
10. Credit Card Information
The purpose of obtaining credit card information such as holder names, card types, card numbers, and expiry date from credit card holders,card accuirer, retention period is as follows.
The purpose of use
The purpose of obtaining credit card information such as holder names, card types, card numbers, and expiry date from credit card holders is to pay your bus fare on Japan Bus Online. We will never utilize credit card information for any unintended purposes except for credit card transaction for bus fares.
Credit card information acquirer;
KOBO Co., Ltd.
We provide customers’ credit card information to
Credit card companies which customers use
Credit card data retention period
The time period which we have an obligation to retain credit card information after customers make transactions by credit card.
11.1 Restrictions on Use
In using this website you agree;
- Not to interfere any aspects of the website whatsoever including hacking, uploading viruses or anything which does the same thing.
- Not to access the website in a way that is deemed to be illegal and unauthorized.
- Not to publish or reuse or sell or reproduce or edit or modify or copy or mirror or inject any materials and information of this website in any manners
- Not to transmit or upload any device, software, program or file that may cause the damage or slows the operation of the websites
- Not to use the website for any non-personal, public or commercial purpose.
- Send unnecessary emails to Japan Bus Online to interrupt our business.
- We may refuse you to access to the website if we feel your use of the site is inappropriate.
11.2 Limitation of use
These Terms and Conditions, manners, and morals must be strictly observed when using Japan Bus Online.
When we suffer any damages caused by customers not following Terms and Conditions or by customers' illicit acts, we have the right to claim for damages from the relevant customer(s).
11.3 Property Right
- All materials such as program, database , statements, photographs except for advertisements appearing on Japan Bus Online website belongs to KOBO ,and they may not be copied for public or commercial use for whatever reason.
11.4 Links to Other Websites
- When you open any of these third party links, through Japan Bus Online, you are not under the control of any information or service on such sites. We assume no liability for any losses or damages arising from using the third party websites.
11.5 Manage your e-mail address
- It is required that customers choose and protect your email addresses.
We are not responsible for any damages, losses or disputes caused by user's irresponsible care of their email addresses.
11.6 Communication Environment
- Individuals must be responsible for obtaining the proper devices, software and communication environments to use Japan Bus Online.
We are not liable for any troubles that occur due to malfunction of customer's device.
11.7 Communication Fees
- Customers are responsible for bearing any communication fees when using Japan Bus Online.
- We will sincerely try to hold discussions and solve any problems or disputes arise from your use of our service. However we shall NOT be liable for any damages or losses or cost incurred as a result of using our service.
- We are not liable for the following:
(a)Whether the data customers enter when making reservations is sent to Japan Bus Online properly.
(b)Whether the data customers enter when making reservations is sent to Japan Bus Online as customers entered.
13. Modification of the service/terms and conditions
- We reserve the right to update or modify this Terms and Conditions without prior consent. The services on Japan Bus Online can be modified or amended by us from time to time without prior notice.
After any amendments and modifications are made on Japan Bus Online, any information under a previous version of the terms & conditions is no longer valid.
We accept no responsibilities for any damages or losses caused due to modification of the service.
14.1 Registered personal information
You are required to provide your personal data such as your name, phone number, gender and e-mail address when making a reservation on Japan Bus Online.
You agree to keep your personal information accurate and up to date.
14.2 Disclosure to third parties
- Any personal data a customer provides to us will never be utilized for any unintended purposes and will never be disclosed to a third party without your prior consent with the exception of the following cases.
- When we are required by laws or regulations.
- when we are required to protect human life or property, and we cannot obtain your prior consent.
- When we are required to improve public health or promote the healthy development of juveniles, and we cannot obtain your prior consent.
- When we are required in order for any government institution, any local government, or any persons who are hired by them to conduct their jobs, and obtaining a customer's consent will interfere with said jobs.
14.3 What information we provide to a bus company
We will provide and share the following information we obtained through Japan Bus Online to bus operators to operate the bus service. Bus operator means operating bus companies, relevant bus companies and operators who takes the reservation on behalf of bus companies. The information we provide to bus companies is passenger’s name, phone number, gender and information related to reservation and credit card transaction.
14.4 Providing your information is not mandatory
The personal information we collect is voluntary basis.
However if you cannot provide us your personal information, you may not be able to use the service on Japan Bus Online.
14.5 Request for disclosure, correction&suspension of use of personal information
- You are eligible for the following:
- To inquire whether we obtain your personal data.
- If we have the customer's personal data, you are eligible to inquire what personal data we obtain.
- If you find your personal date we own is inaccurate, you are eligible for requests for correction and deletion.
- To request suspension of use of your personal information to a third party.
We will not disclose or provide your personal information to any third party except as set forth in Clause14.2.
- The Division of Privacy and Identity Protection
KOBO Co., Ltd.
- 3-2-22 Honcho, Kawaguchi city, Saitama,JAPAN 332-0012
- TEL 048-227-0555 Business hours: 9:15 to 18:15 * Only in Japanese
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
14.7 Privacy Mark
- KOBO, as a company who meets the requirements for JIS Q 15001:2006, has received the authorized "Privacy Mark" by JIPDEC( http://privacymark.jp/)
15. Questions and Inquiries
Please contact KOBO for further inquiries via e-mail.
We will not accept any inquiries regarding bus operations and service since KOBO is the company that operates the website, Japan Bus Online.
We are not in a position to arbitrate disputes and claims between users and perating bus companies and registered companies